TIPS FOR BEGINNERS IN PYTHON
WHAT IS PYTHON?
Python is an open source programming language, an interpreted, object-oriented, high- level programming language with dynamic semantics, with applications in numerous areas, including web programming, scientific computing, and artificial intelligence.
CHARACTERISTICS OF PYTHON
- It has a large standard library
- It is used in Databases
- It is used for web scraping
- Python can be used to develop games
- It is used for machine learning
- It is used for Data analytics
- It is used for web framework
- It is used for Graphical User Interface
- It is used for networking and documentation e. t. c.
- It is simple and powerful
- Above all it is easy and fun to learn
BRIEF HISTORY OF PYTHONPython was created by Guido Van Rossum, funny enough python was not named after the snake rather it was from a British comedy group The first release of python was in 1991, version 0.9.0 In 2000, python 2.0 was released Python3 was released on December 2008, although python2 and 3 are similar but they have subtle differences, the most noticeable one are the print statement. For example print “Hello World” (This is for python2, if you do this in python3 it outputs an error because "Hello World" is suppose to be in parenthesis).
USEFUL RESOURCES TO LEARN PYTHON
If you decide to learn Python in 2021, then here are some of the useful Python books, courses, and tutorials to start your journey in the beautiful world of Python.
- The Complete Python MasterClass
- The Python Bible — Everything You Need to Program in Python
- Python Fundamentals by Pluralsight
- 10 Free Python Programming EBooks and PDF
- Brad Travesry Media @ Youtube: beginner’s python course:-Brad explains in a way you understand them clearly and it is practical so you will see how the code actually works.
- Sololearn: sololearn is a great app for learning how to code and python course is really amazing and covers all you need to know about python as a beginner, there are questions and answers too
- Udemy:is a good place to learn too, they have paid and unpaid python courses in udemy platforms.
REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD LEARN PYTHON
Simplicity-This is the single biggest reason for beginners to learn Python. When you first start with programming and coding, you don’t want to start with a programming language which has tough syntax and weird rules. Python is both readable and simple. It also easier to setup, you don’t need to deal with any class path problems like Java or compiler issues like C++.Just install Python and you are done. While installing it will also ask you to add Python in PATH which means you can run Python from anywhere on your machine.
Multipurpose-One of the things I like about Python is its Swiss Army knife nature. It’s not tied to just one thing e.g. R which is good on Data Science and Machine learning but nowhere when it comes to web development. Learning Python means you can do many things.
- Jobs and Growth-Python is growing really fast and big time and it makes a lot of sense to learn a growing programming major programming language if you are just starting your programming career.
- Salary-Python developers are one of the highest paid developers, particularly in the Data Science, Machine learning and web development. On average also, they are very good paying, ranging from 70,000 USD to 150,000 USD depending upon their experience, location, and domain.
- Python is Known for its Huge Community-You need a community to learn a new technology and friends are your biggest asset when it comes to learning a programming language. You often get stuck with one or other issue and that time you need helping hand. Thanks to Google, you can find the solution of your Python related problem in minutes. Communities like StackOverflow also brings many Python experts together to help newcomers.
TIPS TO GETTING STARTED WITH PYTHON
- Make friends with experts
- Build project
- Contribute to open source
- Rest: very important
Closing Notes: Thanks, You made it to the end of the article … Good luck with your Python journey! It’s certainly a great decision and will pay you a lot in your nearest future.